Date of birth: 1948
Place of birth: Ganje, Azerbaijan
- 1985-1987 - Defended dissertation at the Institute of the Problems of Management, USSR Academy of Sciences.
- 1972-1974 - Post graduate study at the Oil Academy.
- 1966-1971 - Azerbaijan Institute of Oil and Chemistry (now The Oil Academy).
- From 1994 to present - President, Center for Economic and Political Research.
- From 1995 to present - President, Entrepreneurship Development Foundation.
- 1993-1994 – head of the department of the supreme attestation commission under the Auspices of the president of Azerbaijan
- 1992-1993 - President, State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR)
- 1992-1993 - State Adviser for Azerbaijani President for Strategic Programs
- 1977-1992 - Deputy Director of the Computing Center of the Machine-building Company (AZNEFTXIMMASH)
- 1974-1977 - Chief of a laboratory at the same Institute
- 1971-1972 - engineer of the oilfield machine-building technology Institute
Work experience with international organizations and private companies:
- 1994 – 2003 – consultant for several private companies on Caspian energy Projects;
- in 1998 and in 2004 – was consultant of World Bank on Azerbaijan energy projects;
- 1992 – 2006 – speaker / participant of several conferences held by WB, IMF, IFC, EBRD, OECD, CIPE, TI, IREX, OSI etc;
Current positions in non-governmental sector:
- Founder and Member of Board of Transparency Azerbaijan
- Founder and Member of Council of NGO Coalition EITI-Azerbaijan
Languages: Turkish, Russian, spoken English.
Travel: USA, England, Russia, Germany, Ukraine, France, Turkey, Iran, Georgia, Austria, Tailand, Canada, Belgium, Oman, UAE, China, Hungary, Bulgaria, Thailand, Czechia, Kazakhistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Belorussia, Moldov